Alexandria Bay, N.Y. - A Jefferson County man is in jail after attacking his neighbor with a bat.
37-year-old Patrick Belden, of Alexandria Bay, faces a list of charges after he allegedly broke into his neighbor’s apartment with a baseball bat, forced a 49-year-old man out of his apartment into the building’s basement, where he assaulted him with the bat.
State Police say the victim was transported to the hospital, treated, and released.
Belden faces the following charges:
- Burglary 1st degree, class “B” felony
- Kidnapping 2nd degree, class “B” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th degree, class “A” misdemeanor
- Assault 2nd degree, class “D” felony
- Strangulation 2nd degree, class “D” felony
- Criminal Mischief 4th degree, class “A” misdemeanor
- Menacing 2nd degree, class “A” misdemeanor