Syracuse, N.Y. - Visitation is being paused at Upstate University Hospital, Upstate Community Hospital and Upstate Cancer Center starting Thursday.
This is due to a rising number of COVID-19 cases in Onondaga County and Central New York.
Until further notice, no visitors will be permitted except under the certain circumstances.
Those types of circumstances are listed below.
- End-of-life decision making, with authorized approval.
- Two visitors aged 18 or older are permitted for patients at Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital. Visitors must remain at the patient's bedside and may not come and go from the facility during the child's hospital stay.
- One parent or support person may accompany patients under 18 for surgeries and procedures.
- Visitors are allowed in Emergency Departments for end-of-life situations, or if the patient has dementia or a disability.
- The Pediatric Emergency Department and Golisano After Hours will allow two adult visitors per child.
- Upstate Cancer Center will allow visitors if they are essential for the care of the patient.
If you have any questions you should contact the hospital.