A fire at home in the Westcott neighborhood Monday night suffered some damage but those inside were able to escape.
Syracuse Fire Department says they got the call just before 11pm about a fire at a home on Madison Street. Firefighters found heavy fire on the first floor that extended to the second. Of the six people living there, only two were inside and were alerted to evacuate by the smell of smoke. The two were taken to the hospital but their condition is unknown. Investigators say the fire started in the first floor kitchen in the rear of the home. No one else was hurt.