Syracuse, N.Y. -A dozen people, 11 from Syracuse are facing federal charges for allegedly running a drug trafficking ring in Syracuse.
A federal grand jury indicted 12 people for being involved in distributing heroin and fentanyl.
DEA seized more than 67,000 bags of heroin and mixtures of heroin and fentanyl, along with $78,000 in cash, 11 vehicles and two handguns.
5 of those arrested could face life in prison. The others 20- 40 years.
The suspects are all charged with conspiracy to distribute and possess with the intent to distribute heroin and fentanyl:
- Jesus Manuel Lopez-Mendez, 34, of New York City (the Bronx)
- Gavin Ballog, 29, of Syracuse
- Yan Morales, 29, of Syracuse
- Brian Morales, 28, of Syracuse
- Juan Santa, 27, of Syracuse
- Jerry Massa, 21, of Syracuse
- Ariel Massa, 18, of Syracuse
- Carlos Torres, 24, of Syracuse
- Gregorio Pizarro, 20, of Syracuse
- Gregory Darrain, 29, of Syracuse
- Michael Calderon, 24, of Syracuse
- Dennis Smith, 32, of East Syracuse