A Lyons woman had the right idea about getting rid of a bed bug - but lighting a mattress on fire to do it was definitely the wrong way.
Wayne County sheriff's deputies responded to Canal View Drive in Lyons Monday morning and learned that Jacquline Lynch had acted recklessly by using a lighter to kill a bed bug, after her uncle sprayed the house with alcohol. Lynch started the mattress on fire, which activated the sprinkler system. Deputies say the fire caused damage to Lynch's apartment while multiple other apartments dealt with water damage. Lynch is charged with arson in the 4th degree and will answer her appearance ticket in Town of Lyons Court at a later date.