Two Syracuse Teens arrested following traffic pursuit with stolen vehicle.
Saturday morning around 2am, Troopers responded to the Village of Elbridge and were they attempted to locate a stolen vehicle operated by a 14-year-old male with a 13-year-old, passenger.
Troopers located the vehicle on State Route 5 and attempted to stop it. The vehicle started to comply but then took off. The pursuit continued for approximately 3 miles but ended when OnStar successfully disabled the vehicle.
The juvenile operator refused to cooperate and police physically removed him form the car. He continued to resist arrest. After a brief struggle, the juvenile was taken into custody.
The 14-year-old driver, from Syracuse, NY was arrested and charged with the following:
- Assault 2nd degree, class “D” felony
- Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle 1st degree, a class “D” felony
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 3rd degree, a class “D” felony
- Resisting Arrest, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Fleeing a Police Officer in a Motor Vehicle, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving, an unclassified misdemeanor
The 13-year-old passenger was arrested and charged with Assault 2nd degree, class “D” felony and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle 1st degree, a class “D” felony.