Smoke Detectors Save Two From Fire In Hastings

Two people escaped harm in a fire that destroyed an Oswego County home early Wednesday morning.

At least six companies were called to the home on Bardeen Road in Hastings after smoke detectors alerted the residents to the fire. 

 Firefighters needed about 40 minutes to get control of the fire, which investigators believe began in the home's boiler. 

The home had working smoke detectors and that is being credited with saving lives.  

The cause of that fire is still yet to be determined.

fire/flames (stock image)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content