Geddes, N.Y. - The International Building on the News State Fairgrounds is no longer....its now called the "Eatery".
The Fair has changed the name after vendors complained they thought the International Building name was too ambiguous for first-time fair-goers, who may otherwise not have known that the building is primarily a food and drink venue.
Also new this year is the removal of the elevated seating area in the center of the building.
The fair people say removing that area will open up the space for more seating area.
There will alos be some new vendors this year:
- ·Dang’s Café, which will bring its Vietnamese specialties from its Syracuse restaurant to its new Fair stand;
- ·Babcia’s Pierogi, which was a hit at its 2018 Fair debut for its Polish specialties. The mobile stand will be back as Buffalo-based Babcia’s expands into a second location;
- ·Fresh Mex Mexican Grill, offering tacos, burritos and other Mexican fare;
- ·Lumpy’s Sandwich Company, offering sandwiches, wraps, burgers, hotdogs, PoBoys and other hot and cold sandwich items;
- ·Poutine Gourmet, providing the Canadian staple of cheese curds melting among hot French fries and gravy, which debuted as a mobile stand last year.