Syracuse police made nine arrests and seized thousands in cash and drugs during a raid conducted at homes on Ash Street and Park Avenue.
Police obtained search warrants for the homes after an investigation into ongoing drug sales in those areas. From the Ash Street apartment, police found over a pound of marijuana and at least $2700. Five people were arrested in the Ash Street raid:
Moises A. Navarro, 26 years old, Unlawful Possession of Marijuana (UPM), and Criminal Possession of Marijuana in the 3rd and 5th degree.-
- Darwin Parilla, 28 years old, UPM, Criminal Possession of Marijuana in the 3rd and 5th degree and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.-
- Houston T. Wheeler, 39 years old, UPM and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.-
- Gerry Casanova, 33 years old, UPM (released on an appearance ticket)-
- Bail Chol, 36 years old, UPM and Possession of Synthetic Cannabinoids (released on appearance ticket)
On Park Avenue, police recovered a small quantity of marijuana but nearly an ounce of heroin. They seized cash and two firearms as well. Four people were brought in on charged:
- Luis A. Rosa, 18, and Christian G. Allende, 21, charged Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 3rd and 7th degrees, Criminal Possession of a weapon in the 2nd degree and Criminal Possession of a Firearm
- Anthony Ramos-Ortiz, 18, and Gabrielle M. Geaslen, 28, charged with Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 3rd and 7th degree, Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 4th degree and Criminal Possession of a Firearm.
Photo: Getty Images