Electric Fire Sparks Bayberry Blaze

Syracuse, N.Y. - An overloaded electrical outlet is to blame for a house fire Tuesday Morning in Clay, according to fire investigators.

The fire broke out at a home on Damson Lane in Bayberry around 2:15 a.m. Firefighters from the Moyer Corners, Liverpool and Lakeside Fire Departments battled back the flames that were billowing out from a second story window.

The homeowner was the only one home at the time. He was alerted by his smoke detectors and managed to get himself out of the house before firefighters arrived.

placeholder image

Provided Photo: Onondaga County Sheriff's Office.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

570 WSYR · Syracuse's News, Weather & Traffic
Listen Now on iHeartRadio