Syracuse Fire Department Rescues Puppy From Burning House


Syracuse, N.Y. - Syracuse Fire Department responding to a fire this afternoon on Sand Street were able to rescue a puppy.

When crews first arrived they found thick black smoke coming from the single-story home. Crews began searching for any trapped or endangered occupants and discovered a puppy, unconscious and not breathing. The puppy was provided treatment and after several minutes, the dog began breathing on his own and regained consciousness.

The homeowners who were not home at the time of the fire rushed the puppy to a veterinarian.