Syracuse, N.Y. - A heat advisory will be in effect later today as temperatures are expected to climb into the 90s.
That advisory in effect for Onondaga, Oneida, and Madison Counties starting at 11.
A heat advisory means that excessive heat will create the potential for heat illness such as heat exhaustion or heat stroke if you are not prepared.
Here are some tips to help deal with the heat:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay in an air-conditioned room if possible.
- Stay out of the sun if outside.
- Check on the elderly and those extra sensitive to heat.
- If outside, take frequent breaks and know the signs of heat stroke & exhaustion.
- Keep your pets hydrated and indoors as often as possible.