Liverpool, N.Y. - New York State DOT will be hosting six community open houses to discuss the recent proposal on what to do with Onondaga Lake Parkway.
All six open house meetings will take place at the Liverpool Public Library. The first one is scheduled for Wednesday January 22nd, 3 to 5pm.
People will be able to see preliminary project illustrations and traffic simulations, and DOT will have representatives on hand to answer questions.
The preliminary design includes, reducing the Parkway by one lane in each direction for a portion of the Parkway, creating a raised median or placing a barrier between the lanes, reducing the speed limit, and replacing the over-height vehicle detection along with improving signage.
Below is the list of upcoming open houses:
• Wednesday, January 22 – 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Thursday, January 30 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Monday, February 3 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Friday, February 14 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, February 19 – 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Monday, February 24 - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.