The aftermath of torrential flooding throughout the Finger Lakes and Southern Tier continues.
The Red Cross is stepping in to help with six shelters now open with more on standby.
The Red Cross asks anyone heading to a shelter to bring essential items for each member of the family:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Extra clothing, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
For those on the sideline looking to help you can make a donation by calling call 1-800-REDCROSS, texting 'REDCROSS' to 90999 to make a $10 donation, or by going to redcross.org.