The phones at Poison Control have been ringing off the hook about poisonous mushrooms that are harming to children and pets.
Dr. Michelle Caliva with the CNY Poison Control Center says that with all this rain this summer it's increasing the number of dangerous mushroom in your yard. Some, not all, of those mushrooms are dangerous. Dr. Caliva cautions keeping an eye on children playing outside and if you didn’t plant it don’t eat it.
Symptoms of mushroom poisoning can include severe vomiting and diarrhea and those symptoms need to be treated at a hospital.