Saturday April 29 is an opportunity for anyone in Onondaga County to rid themselves of unneeded prescription drugs. It's National Drug Take-Back Day, and locations around the county will provide a place to leave these drugs that are expired or no longer being taken.
The effort is part of a campaign to both promote safe medication disposal and a way to prevent medications like opiods from being abused. The abuse of such opiods as oxycodone, hydrocodone and others have led to 142 unintended deaths in Onondaga County in 2016.
Here are a list of locations that will take unneeded prescription drugs from 10am until 2pm on April 29:
- Kinney Drugs, 21 E. Genesee Street, Baldwinsville
- Kinney Drugs, 4202 W. Genesee Street, Syracuse
- Camillus Police Department, 4600 W. Genesee Street, Syracuse
- Walgreen’s Pharmacy, 5206 W. Genesee Street, Syracuse
- Kinney Drugs, 1057 Route 5, Elbridge
- Kinney Drugs, 7065 Manlius Center Road, East Syracuse
- Manlius Town Police Department, 1 Arkie Albanese Ave, Manlius
- Kinney Drugs, 406 Butternut Street, Syracuse
- Kinney Drugs, 104 Lafayette Road, Syracuse
- Kinney Drugs, 2912 James Street, Syracuse