WATERTOWN, N.Y. (AP) _ Authorities say a toxicology report has confirmed that a 52-year-old northern New York man who died after being convicted of sexual abuse had ingested cyanide upon hearing the verdict.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office tells local media that its investigation didn't conclude how Jon Massey obtained the cyanide that killed him two days after he ingested it inside a courtroom in Watertown on Feb. 28.
The Watertown resident had just been found guilty of criminal sexual act and sexual conduct against a child. He collapsed outside the courtroom and later died at Samaritan Medical Center.
A court worker told authorities that Massey had put something in his mouth when the verdict was announced.