Nine Central New York Girl Scouts earned the highest honor the Girl Scouts bestow on their members.
The girls all were recipients of the Girl Scout Gold Award, and were among 31 recipients in the 26-county New York Penn Council. All 9 completed Girl Scout Senior or Ambassador Journeys, and demonstrated their leadership ability by spending at least 80 hours working on a Gold Award Take Action project that creates a sustainable impact on their extended communities.
The recipients included:
- Adrianna Mecedola of Auburn
- Emily Ekross of Baldwinsville
- Gwen Park of Baldwinsville
- Della Patterson of Baldwinsville
- Kaitlyn Crobar of Central Square
- Samantha Stewart of Central Square
- Alyssa Macidyn of East Syracuse
- Katelyn Clary of Oswego
- Emily Mills of Oswego
- Melissa Wilson of Port Byron
All nine have or soon will graduate from high school. They were recognized at a Young Women of Distinction reception Saturday at Onondaga Community College.